DPAC may publish information released in response to a request for assessed disclosure of information made under the Right to Information Act 2009. Such information will be accessible via the disclosure log.
Certain information released in response to Right to Information requests will be published online within 48 hours of being released to the applicant. This only applies to applications received after 9 June 2015.
This approach makes information released to an applicant available to a wider audience and increases Government transparency and accountability.
Applicants should note that:
- if they seek and are granted a waiver of the application fee on the basis of general public interest, and it is determined that the information is in the broader public interest, publication of the released information is likely.
- their identity will not be published. The category of applicant will be published, i.e. Member of Parliament, media representative, private individual.
- a summary of the application will be published. This gives context to the nature of the released information.
- only information that is considered to be in the broader public interest will be published. No personal information will be published.
- information of a commercial or confidential nature will not be published.