Employment Policy undertakes a range of activities to support State Service workforce management, including:
- Provision of advice on employment policies and practices to the Government and State Service Agencies. Advice is also provided regarding Tasmanian State Service employment legislation including the:
- Promotion of career opportunities in the Tasmanian State Service including management of the State Service jobs website.
- Whole of State Service reporting on State Service employment including Workforce statistics and research.
- Programs that increase State Service workforce diversity.
- Delivery of the State Service Internship Program in partnership with the University of Tasmania’s School of Governance.
- Advice on senior executive employment across the State Service.
- Approval of Agency fixed-term registers and Agency-specific recruitment programs.
- State Service Act - Delegations.
Links in this section: