Updated 4 May 2020
Information for Tasmanian State Service Staff
The health and safety of Tasmanians is the Government’s number one priority and our public health officials continue to work closely with the national authorities to ensure a consistent approach in relation to coronavirus. This page provides information for Tasmanian State Service Staff. For the latest information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Tasmania, please go to www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au
Travel Arrangements During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Employment Arrangements, Workforce Management and Leave During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Regarding employment during the outbreak, the following principles apply in relation to Tasmanian State Service employees:
- The health and wellbeing of our employees is our highest priority.
- Wherever practical, the normal management practices and State Service conditions of employment apply in relation to absences during a pandemic.
- Employees are required to attend work during the pandemic unless the employee is on approved leave, has approval to work from home or is otherwise approved not to attend the workplace.
- Working from home is encouraged to enable business continuity and to support employees as required. Employees and Agencies should consider flexible working arrangements and implement these where agreed.
- Employees are able to access their existing leave entitlements, as prescribed by the award/agreement provisions.
Resources for agencies:
Working from home toolkit:
Advice to Tasmanian Public Service from the Head of the State Service
Please find below correspondence from Jenny Gale in her role as Head of the State Service, in relation to coronavirus.
1 May 2020 - Letter PDF - North-West Restrictions Lifting
27 April 2020 - Letter PDF - COVIDSafe App
24 April 2020 - Letter PDF - North-West Restrictions Update
12 April 2020 - Letter PDF - North-West Restrictions
8 April 2020 - Letter PDF - Easter Message and Update
7 April 2020 - Letter PDF - Coronavirus Update
30 March 2020 - Letter PDF - Coronavirus Update
18 March 2020 - Letter PDF - Travel Restrictions, Gatherings, Schools and Work Arrangements
12 March 2020 - Letter PDF - Travel Arrangements
3 March 2020 – Letter PDF - Coronavirus Update
4 February 2020 – Letter PDF - Coronavirus Update