SSMO supports the Head of the State Service. The role of the Head of the State Service is broad covering everything from recruitment to learning and development, work health and safety, diversity and inclusion, workforce planning and negotiating the employment conditions that make the Tasmanian State Service an attractive place to work now, and in the future.
- work health, safety and wellbeing;
- employment policies and programs;
- vacancy management and advertising (jobs website);
- industrial relations framework;
- employment framework;
- workforce analysis and planning;
- responding to external reports related to workforce issues;
- administering the Senior Executive Service;
- HR systems enhancement; and
- State Service workforce development.
- implementing the Aboriginal employment strategy;
- implementing wage and non-wage industrial agreements;
- leading and supporting gender diversity;
- implementing programs to increase youth employment;
- developing a work health, safety and wellbeing plan;
- leading innovation in HR systems; and
- supporting learning and development initiatives across Government.
For more information about our responsibilities and priorities, refer to Head of the State Service Annual Reports.
Links in this section
Popular external links
Finding information on our website
- click the Divisions > State Service Management Office link at the top of any SSMO page to return to this homepage
- click on a link or a 'Hot Link' from the left hand side menu
- click on a link in the list above to go directly to web pages you may already be familiar with
- click on one of the 'Popular external links'
- click on a link to one of our three most recent news items below
Still couldn't find what you were looking for? Try: