Skip to Content
Department of Premier and Cabinet


Formal complaints can be made against councils, councillors and council employees.

Different processes apply, depending on the type of complaint and who it is made against.

Some complaints are dealt with by councils, some by the Director of Local Government and some by the Local Government Code of Conduct Panel.

Types of complaints

The following list provides details of the various types of complaints that can be made, how to make a complaint, and to where the complaint should be directed.

More information

Please contact the Local Government Division if you have any queries or need assistance regarding your complaint:

  • phone 03 6232 7022