Applications for the Department of Premier and Cabinet are to be addressed to:
Right to Information
Department of Premier and Cabinet
GPO Box 123
Hobart TAS 7001
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A form to assist in making an application is available:
About the application process
- Applications for information need to be made to the department, authority or council holding the relevant information or most closely linked to the information. A webpage like this one is available for most other public authorities.
- If you are not using the form, please note that your applications must be made in writing and include the information that is requested in the form - this is a requirement of regulation 4 of the Right to Information Regulations 2010.
- Applications are to be accompanied by the application fee. This fee is 25 fee units, which currently equates to $39.50 as at 1 July 2018 and is indexed annually.
- You may apply to have the fee waived if:
- you are in financial hardship - we take that to mean that you are on income support payments (we would usually ask to see evidence that you are in receipt of Centrelink or veterans affairs payments)
- you are a member of Parliament and the application is in connection with your official duty
- you are able to gives us information showing that the information sought is intended to be used for a purpose that is of general public interest or benefit.
- Make sure you have looked for the information before you make a formal application, because if the information is otherwise available your application may be refused without the return of your application fee.
Right to Information manual and guidelines
A manual and guidelines published by the Ombudsman provide more detail on making requests under the Act and how they are processed by the agency to which the request is sent.