Amendment Regulations 2018
The Local Government (General) Amendment Regulations 2018 (Amendment Regulations) received Royal Assent on 27 June 2018 and amend the Local Government (General) Regulations 2015.
A copy of the Local Government (General) Amendment Regulations 2018 is available to view and download.
- prescribe the requirements for the keeping of a gifts and donations register by the general manager including:
- classes of gifts and donations to be disclosed by elected members to the general manager;
- the monetary threshold for disclosure ($50 or more);
- the details to be contained in a notice to the general manager and the timeframe (14 days) for the provision of this notice; and
- the information to be recorded in the register;
- remove electoral advertising requirements for poster size and number;
- remove limitations on television, radio and newspaper electoral advertising;
- amend electoral expenditure limits for a candidate:
- a $16,000 limit for electoral spending in the 2018-19 financial year, for candidates for Clarence City, Glenorchy City, Hobart City, Kingborough and Launceston City councils – based on a significant number of rateable properties in these municipalities;
- a $10,000 limit for electoral spending in the 2018-19 financial year for candidates in all other municipal areas;
- limits will be indexed by CPI each financial year; and
- amend the Declaration of Office to require elected members to engage in ongoing professional development and abide by the principles of good governance.
For more information about the Local Government (General) Amendment Regulations 2018 contact the Local Government Division