The Tasmanian Government has allocated $50 000 for
the 2017 LGBTI Grants Program. Grants provided through the program will assist
community organisations and tertiary institutions to:
- Increase the number of Tasmanians who are accepting of diversity;
- Improve resilience and capacity in the LGBTI community;
- Foster inclusion, respect and dignity for LGBTI Tasmanians; and
- Enhance access to services and participation for LGBTI Tasmanians.
of up to $20,000 will be considered through a competitive application process.
Priority will be
given to projects or research that develop, or contribute to the development
issues affecting the LGBTI community in Tasmania, including the incidence of
discrimination, abuse, harassment, and family violence.
resources or strategies to
- community awareness about the issues and needs of the LGBTI Tasmanians; or
- reduce or prevent discrimination, vilification and harassment of LGBTI Tasmanians; or
- encourage and support LGBTI Tasmanians to report incidents of violence, crime or anti-social behaviour; or
- increase participation of LGBTI Tasmanians in their community.
resilience, capacity and confidence of LGBTI Tasmanians.
gaps in the current service system that prevent LGBTI people from being able to
access services and address issues related to their sexuality or gender.
awareness of LGBTI issues and needs within workplaces in Tasmania.
diversity and promote inclusion of LGBTI Tasmanians within the wider community,
particularly in rural and regional communities in Tasmania. Any event funded under this priority area
must produce a related resource/s that is/are available and of use to the LGBTI
and wider community.
Priority will be
given to applications that can demonstrate how their project will contribute to
the evidence base of LGBTI experience in Tasmania.
Applications for the LGBTI Grant Round that closed on 17 March 2017 are currently being assessed.
A list of successful applications from previous LGBTI Grant Programs may be viewed here.
For further information about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 204 224.