Grant round closed
The Tasmanian Government provides grants through the program to assist community organisations and tertiary institutions to:
- Increase the number of Tasmanians who are accepting of diversity;
- Improve resilience and capacity in the LGBTI community;
- Foster inclusion, respect and dignity for LGBTI Tasmanians; and
- Enhance access to services and participation for LGBTI Tasmanians.
Priority will be given to projects or research that develop, or contribute to the development of:
- Research issues affecting the LGBTI community in Tasmania, including the incidence of discrimination, abuse, harassment, and family violence.
- Develop resources or strategies to:
- increase community awareness about the issues and needs of the LGBTI Tasmanians; or
- reduce or prevent discrimination, vilification and harassment of LGBTI Tasmanians.
- Develop resilience, capacity and confidence of LGBTI Tasmanians, for example:
- encourage and support LGBTI Tasmanians to report incidents of violence, crime and anti-social behaviour;
- increase participation of LGBTI Tasmanians in their community.
- Address gaps in the current service system that prevent LGBTI people from being able to access services and address issues related to their sexuality or gender.
- Promote awareness of LGBTI issues and needs within workplaces in Tasmania.
- Celebrate diversity and promote inclusion of LGBTI Tasmanians within the wider community, particularly in rural and regional communities in Tasmania. Any event funded under this priority area must produce a related resource/s that is/are available and of use to the LGBTI and wider community.
For further information about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 204 224.
A list of successful applications from previous LGBTI Grant Programs may be viewed here.